4 Highly Effective Strategies to Grow Your eCommerce Sales
We are aware of the importance of eCommerce in the last few years, and this awareness has increased many times during the pandemic period. Even the local markets in our neighborhood have started to make online sales through their own mobile applications or marketplaces such as Trendyol, Getir, Yemeksepeti.
While this is the case, an eCommerce site is one of your must-haves if you want to bring your products and services to more audiences.
In this article, we would like to share with you a few important details about how you can increase your sales through your website, assuming you have an eCommerce system.
By the end of the article, we hope you at least have an idea for this topic. With this expectation, we had a lot of fun while preparing this article. We hope it will be of use to you too.
1- Create your target audience
Segment people who have registered or shopped on your website before. Collect all the metrics, from the categories they visits the most, to the products he orders the most. These data will be very useful for you to construct and implement the following scenarios.
- You can identify the product category that X person buys the most and send them informative e-mails periodically about this category and increase her interest.
- You can periodically create personalized campaigns for the most ordered product category and give them gift certificates.
- Segment your list by gender, location, age and interests will increase the likelihood that your marketing campaigns will turn into sales.
2- Don’t forget to make upselling
You can increase your turnover by applying different sales techniques in eCommerce. The subject we would like to mention in this regard is the upselling sales technique. You can simply think of this scenario like this; You can increase the sales figures on your website with simple setups such as “buyers who bought this product bought this one too”, “do not miss this product besides this”.
For example, on a website where you sell shoes, when the user adds a shoe he likes to the cart, you can display the message “This shoe and the red lace are the most preferred accessory” and add a side product to the cart with a difference of $20.
3- Send abandoned cart emails
Has the user added one or more items to the cart but x hasn’t completed the order in a while? You can email them immediately stating that he has items in the cart and that you can get an extra 20% discount if they buys these items within 30 minutes.
What you give is entirely up to you. Maybe you can offer free shipping, maybe a discount coupon that suits your target audience. It is important to remember that many people will not give you a free return. Sad but true 🙂
4- Do not underestimate the power of email marketing. Be sure to send a welcome message
If you have an eCommerce site, we will talk about what kind of strategies you can apply in email marketing. Basically, if we need to convey a few information;
- Send a welcome message. When someone creates an account on your website, give them a welcome coupon, increasing their chances of making their first order.
- Send abandoned cart emails
- Send order notification emails
- Send shipping notification emails
- After a certain period of time after the product reaches the buyer, send them a satisfaction survey
- Send a gift voucher that they can use on their next purchase
The more you can apply these 4 scenarios, at least for the beginning, the more you can witness the increase in your sales. You can build loyalty by interacting with your customers or potential customers in this way.
It will always be wrong to think sales-oriented. Do not forget to periodically share useful information about your target audience and your products and services.